- Lower DB pool and overflow sizes.
- Update Mozilla Stumbler screenshot.
- Updated Fennec link to point to Aurora channel.
- Renamed MozStumbler to Mozilla Stumbler, added new screenshot.
- Increase batch size for insert_measures_wifi task.
- Extend queue maximum lifetime for incoming reports to six hours.
- Extend observation task batching logic to apply to cell observations.
- #328: Let gunicorn start without a valid geoip database file.
- Extend the make release step to deal with Python files with incompatible syntax.
- Update to latest versions of configparser, greenlet, irc and pyzmq.
- Log gunicorn errors to stderr.
- #327: Add an anchor to the leaderboard table.
- Move the measure tables gauges to an hourly task.
- Fix initdb script to explicitly import all models.
- #311: Filter out location areas from unique cell statistics.
- Introduce a 10 point minimum threshold to the leaderboard.
- Change download page to list files with kilobytes (kB) sizes.
- #326: Quantize data maps image tiles via pngquant.
- Optimize file size of static image assets.
- Remove task modules retained for backwards compatibility.
- Update to latest version of SQLAlchemy.
- Add a task to monitor the last import time of OCID cells.
- Change api_key rate limitation monitoring task to use shortnames.
- Small improvements to the manual importer script.
- #276: Fix bug in batch processing, when receiving more than 100 observations in one submission.
- Refactor some internals and move code around.
- Create a new lbcheck MySQL user in the location_initdb command.
- Fix monitor_api_key_limits task to work without api limit entries.
- #301: Schedule hourly differential imports of OCID cell data.
- Update to latest versions of boto, celery, iso3166, jaraco.util, requests and simplejson.
- #301: Add OCID cell data to statistics page.
- Allow a radio type of lte for the geolocate API. Relates to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1010284.
- #315: Add a show my location control to the map.
- Reverse ordering of download files to display latest files first.
- Extend db ping to retry connections for 2003 connection refused errors.
- Ignore more exception types in API key check, to continue degraded service in case of database downtimes.
- Switch from d3.js/rickshaw to flot.js and prepare graphs to plot multiple lines in one graph.
- Make country statistics table sortable.
- Remove auto-increment column from ocid_cell table and make the radio, mcc, mnc, lac, cid combination the primary key. Also optimize the column types of the lac and cid fields.
- Update to latest versions of alembic, amqp, celery, configparser, cornice, greenlet, jaraco.util, kombu, protobuf, psutil, pytz, requests, six, Sphinx and WebTest.
- #301: Add code to do continuous updates of the OpenCellID data and add license note for OCID data.
- #308: Fixed header row in cell export files.
- #283: Add manual logic to trigger OpenCellID imports.
- Add Redis based caching for SQL queries used in the website.
- #295: Add a downloads section to the website and enable cell export tasks.
- Clarify api usage policy.
- Monitor api key rate limits and graph them in graphite.
- Update to latest versions of nose and simplejson.
- #282: Add a header row to the exported CSV files.
- #296: Trust WiFi positions over GeoIP results.
- Optimized SQL types of mnc, psc, radio and ta columns in cell tables.
- Update to latest versions of country-bounding-boxes, gunicorn and redis.
- #282: Added code to do exports of cell data, both daily snapshots as well as hourly diffs. Currently the automatic schedule is still disabled. This also adds a new modified column to the cell and wifi tables.
- Include links to blog and new @MozGeo twitter account.
- Update to latest version of alembic, boto, redis, simplejson and statsd.
- Add a monitoring task to record Redis queue length.
- Make a Redis client available in Celery tasks.
- #285: Update favicon, add touch icon and tile image.
- Only retain two days of observation data inside the DB.
- Fixed image tiles generation to generate up to zoom level 13 again.
- #279: Offer degraded service if Redis is unavailable.
- #72: Always log sentry messages for exceptions inside tasks.
- #53: Document testing approaches.
- #130: Add a test for syntactic correctness of the beat schedule.
- #27: Require sufficiently different BSSIDs in WiFi lookups. This reduces the chance of being able to look up a single device with multiple logical networks.
- Avoid using on_duplicate for common update tasks of tables.
- Remove GeoIP country submission filter, as GeoIP has shown to be too inaccurate.
- #280: Relax the GeoIP country restriction and also trust the mcc derived country codes.
- #269: Improve search logic when dealing with multiple location areas.
- Correctly deal with multiple country codes per mcc value and don’t restrict lookups to one arbitrary of those countries.
- Fix requirement in WiFi lookups to really only require two networks.
- Added basic setup for documenting internal code API’s and use the geocalc and service.locate modules as first examples.
- Initialize the application and outbound connections as part of the gunicorn worker startup process, instead of waiting for the first request and slowing it down.
- Switch pygeoip module to use memory caching, to prevent errors from changing the datafile from underneath the running process.
- Introduce 10% jitter into gunicorn’s max_requests setting, to prevent all worker processes from being recycled at once.
- Update gunicorn to 19.1.0 and use the new support for config settings based on a Python module. The gunicorn invocation needs to include -c ichnaea.gunicorn_config now and can drop various of the other arguments.
- Updated production Python dependencies to latest versions.
- Updated supporting Python libraries to latest versions.
- Update clean-css to 2.2.9 and uglify-js to 2.4.15.
- Update d3.js to 3.4.11 and jQuery 1.11.1.
- Changed graphs on the stats page to show a monthly count for the past year, closes https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1043386.
- Update rickshaw.js to 1.5.0 and tweak stats page layout.
- Add MLS logo and use higher resolution images where available.
- Always load cdn.mozilla.net resources over https.
- Updated deployment docs to more clearly mention the Redis dependency and clean up Heka / logging related docs.
- Split out circus and its dependencies into a separate requirements file.
- Remove non-local debug logging from map tiles generation script.
- Test all additional fields in geosubmit API and correctly retain new signalToNoiseRatio field for WiFi observations.
- Improve geosubmit API docs and make them independent of the submit docs.
- Update and tweak metrics docs.
- Adjust Fennec link to point to Fennec Nightly install instructions. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1039787
- Adjust beat schedule to update more rows during each location update task.
- Let the backup tasks retain three full days of measures in the DB.
- Remove the database connectivity test from the heartbeat view.